Monday, September 15, 2008

Waiting

Life is about waiting. Lines are everywhere you go. If there isn't a line, you should probably stop to ask where is everyone before taking another step. People are willing to wait for what's valuable to them. Being a resident NY'er, long lines are commonplace all over the city. Outside clubs, restaurants, soup joints. There are lines outside restrooms, at the gas pumps (despite insane gas prices). Lines at the bus stops, taxi stands. At the airport, at the bus depot. No matter what, there's a wait.
Love is about waiting too I suppose. Waiting on a line that has an indefinite number of people. Waiting for the chemistry to cause a spark; then waiting for the spark to burst into a flame. It's not so easy to wait for love though. There's no place to wait. There's no actual line to be on. Going about your business in a routine way, but also waiting for love to come your way can be a trying experience.
They say love will find you when you least expect it. Well, being on line for love, eliminates the "least expect it" element. Love is not something you just decide not to concern yourself with. It's something you can submiss, but not dismiss or contain. The desire to find love and be in love is a constant. It's with each pulse of our heart. We have so many different things that we wait on line for but love is something that they say will just come to us. I don't believe it.

4 comments:

The Indian Guy said...

Few things buddy. First of all, if your Indian, you cut all the lines. Second, I suppose you can "cut the line" when it comes to love as well, by taking the easy way out and hitting up India lol.

Anonymous said...

You have an amazing flair for writing. It's because you have a passion for life and feel and anaylse the world around you.

There is a very fine and dangerous line between love and lust. How do you know the difference? It's when the initial rosy tinted windows of life tarnish, and "me myself and I" seems to be more of a priority.

I believe "love" is complicated - because I firmly believe "love everybody but trust a few".

Romantic love should be about faith, unconditional giving and COMMITMENT. As someone who endorses arranged marriages, I enjoy the security of knowing the "lust games" that asorb every "chemistry" isn't as prevalent. You need to know what you want, not settle for less, be strong minded and commit. r}Regardless of how strong the winds are... because at the end of the day, eternal love is "dharma and bhakti" combined. Devotion and responsibility.

Anonymous said...

I actually agree with Darshni, There is a very fine line between love and lust, and as time passes by.. it becomes really hard to differentiate between the two...

I don't mean to offend you.. but I think the reason that you haven't found "the one" is because you're in search of her. Personally I believe, that it will just create more conflicts for you..
I definitely agree sometimes it just gets so frustrating.. sometimes it feels like you're the only one who is still not paired up.. well at least that how I feel sometimes, but nonetheless, I still believe in faith.. and i think everyone is made in pairs.. so there is someone very special out there for you..who's taking her time to get to you. And when she does finally meet you.. i'm sure it will be worth the wait..

Anonymous said...

Hey Mister Umerica,...
I actually wanted to say sorry for my previous comment on this blog... I think I might have gone overboard.. Sorryyyy

Counter